Have you ever heard the saying ‘ you are what you eat’? The same principal applies to what you drink. A healthy diet that includes wholesome and healthy beverages is the best way to ensure that your skin remains healthy, vibrant and retains a youthful appearance.
One such healthy beverage is pomegranate juice. Pomegranate juice is brimming with delicious body benefiting goodness. Here’s a breakdown of the nutritional benefits :
· Pomegranates contains nearly 40% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C
· They are also rich in vitamins A, C, and E, making them an abundant source of anti-inflammatory properties and immune-boosting nutrients
· They also offer a slew of minerals, such as potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, thiamin, folates, riboflavin and fiber
· They’re also a great source of punicic acid, an omega 5 polyunsaturated fatty acid known for its ability to regenerate and reproduce cells.
Pomegranate juice :
- Anti-aging qualities
- Perfect for every skin types
- Heals Scars
- Enhances skin texture
Since pomegranates are abundant in antioxidants, their juice can help slow down the aging process by:
· Improving blood flow to the surface of the skin
· Reversing the damaging effects of the sun and pollution
· Reducing wrinkles and fine lines
· Helping skin cells regenerate and reproduce
· Maintaining collagen levels for supple, smooth skin
· Minimizing the appearance of dark spots and uneven pigmentation
Perfect for All Skin Types
Pomegranate juice contains punicic acid, a type of omega-3 fatty acid, which constantly works at hydrating the skin and sealing in moisture. Therefore, it works perfectly for dry skin.
It’s also extremely beneficial for oily and acne-prone skin by direct application of pomegranate juice. When applied directly on the skin, it prevents any pimple outbreaks, as well as controlling the production of the body’s natural oils, known as sebum.
Pomegranates contain nutrients that benefit and strengthen the epidermal and dermal layers of the skin, the outer and second layers of the skin. It also helps quicken the healing process of wounds. Pomegranates also protect the skin from sun damage caused by constant exposure to harmful UV rays.
Enhances Skin Texture
Two important factors that keep skin young and vibrant are collagen and elastin. Pomegranates are known to extend the life of fibroblasts, which aid in the production of both to help tighten and support the skin.
When the fibers of collagen and elastin break down, skin starts to sag, creating fine lines, and wrinkles.
Pomegranates Final Thoughts
In concluding ,even though pomegranates may be the healthiest of all foods for skin care, caution is needed.
· Avoid drinking pomegranate juice if you’re suffering from a phlegm condition, constipation, or a cold.
· Pomegranate juice can interfere with blood pressure medication since it contains certain nutrients that lower blood pressure naturally.
· Pomegranates can also interfere with other types of medications, such as those prescribed to lower blood cholesterol levels, antidepressants, narcotic pain relievers, and AIDS medications.
However, putting all that aside, the health benefits you get from eating pomegranates and drinking their juice, especially freshly squeezed pomegranate juice, are unmatched. So much so that they’ll make you forget all that hassle you had to go through to get your hands on a cup of bright red, tangy, smooth juice.