A ketogenic lifestyle consists of eating a diet that’s : low carb, high in healthy fat, and moderate protein 99 percent of the time . Basically your diet must help your body produce ketones. Don’t worry, don’t let a ketogenic lifestyle intimidate you. Ketones can protect your brain from Alzheimer’s and other problems, such as brain fog and memory.
The Ketogenic Lifestyle 101 will present :
- Ketogenic Diet Basics
- Reasons to Start A Ketogenic Lifestyle
- Health Benefits of A Ketogenic Lifestyle
- Ketogenic Eating Guidelines
- Ketogenic Common Side Effects and Remedies
Ketogenic Diet Basics
What if you started eating the way your ancestors used to eat? The human diet 60- 100 years ago was much less processed. The food around was that which was easily available such as berries, wild animals, farm raised ( and non-gmo) dairy, chicken, beef and vegetables like spinach, cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower. Fat was healthy and minimally processed like olive oil, lard, coconut oil, ghee ( clarified butter). There was no such thing as low fat or fake fat. An awesome thing about the ketogenic lifestyle is the main goals, which are to eat low carb, high fat, and moderate protein should be followed for most of the time.
Processed food is full of refined sugars, unhealthy fats, and unpronounceable chemicals will have you unsatisfied, always craving more. It’s not your fault if you’re always craving more, that’s the goal of manufacturers of processed food. They want you to crave and buy their fake products. The food scientists combine the right formula of fat, salt and sugar to keep your addicted to processed food.
What’s worse is that processed food will make you fat, unhealthy, and prone to a plethora of ailments. Even when you think you’re eating small amounts of food called “diet” food, you can be fat and very unhealthy. In fact, thin people who are eating a fully processed diet are also very unhealthy and prone to illness. Disease manifests differently in everyone.
Thankfully, the ketogenic diet has become more mainstream. People are taking to it and getting healthier. They’re getting healthier because it’s simple. They don’t have to think too hard to know whether they can have that food or not. Due to this fact, it makes it easy for the ketogenic way of eating to become a full-on lifestyle.
That’s good, because one thing that can ensure that people really change for life, and make eating keto a habit, is to turn it into a lifestyle. When you know you’re going to live this way forever, that you’re not taking breaks, and that you’re not doing it for just the next few weeks until the big party, then you tend to stick to a healthier way of eating because it’s just normal and natural. Since ketogenic eating is so natural, you’ll agree that it can easily become a lifestyle.
Reasons To Start A Ketogenic Lifestyle
The main reason that the ketogenic lifestyle is so effective is simply that it works. When something you do gets results, it’s easy to want to keep doing it. All you have to do is take the first steps, and after that, the proof is in the pudding.
· It’s Easy – Yes there are numerous products out today to make it easier still, but even if you never buy a single prepared item, it’s still easy to eat this way. When you start doing it within a week, you’ll realize that this is easier than what you did before.
· Cost Effective – The keto lifestyle is simple and due to that it’s not expensive, so you don’t have to spend a lot of money. You can go out to almost any sit-down restaurant and find something to eat that will work, even if it’s not perfect.
· You Feel Satisfied – When you eat the right combination of food, you simply feel more satisfied. The food is higher in nutrition, so your body will eventually stop turning on the cravings because it’s getting what it wants and needs. It doesn’t hurt that the food is delicious.
· You Feel More Energetic – Nothing is like the energy you get once your body has adjusted to the keto lifestyle, which will only take a few weeks of sticking to it. One day you’ll wake up and feel so much more energetic, and because of that, you’ll also be able to get more done in the 24 hours you’re given.
· Ends Brain Fog – You may not even know you have brain fog until it’s cleared. When it clears, you’ll wonder how you were surviving and getting things done before. You’re going to feel so much clearer about everything.
· Almost Everyone Can Do It – With few exceptions, almost anyone can eat this way. The main exception is someone with kidney disease. This is not because it’s an unhealthy diet, but because someone with kidney disease must control their fluid intake and eat less protein.
Do you have a blog that needs more traffic?
SEO Optimizer Pro can get your content boosted to 500,000 search engines, directories and more!
Health Benefits Of a Ketogenic Lifestyle
Besides being easy to stick to, there are enormous health benefits to the ketogenic lifestyle. It’s amazing how well this way of eating works for improving and even reversing many diseases.
· Fights Obesity – If you eat a ketogenic diet, eventually you will not be overweight. It’s just a fact of life that eating keto properly will make you lose weight. At first, it’ll happen fast and then it’ll slow down, but if you’re doing it, you’ll be losing it.
· Manages Diabetes – Keto lowers your blood sugar levels substantially since you will not be eating lots of high-starch veggies, lots of high-sugar fruit, or any processed food. In addition, you’re going to be eating a variety of low-starch veggies, which is going to help you even further.
· Improves Alzheimer’s Disease – Because ketones are neuroprotective, Alzheimer’s patients have seen some improvements and slowing of the progression of the disease by maintaining a ketogenic lifestyle.
· Helps Prevent / Slows Cancer – One of the most common types of brain cancer (gliomas) can shrink substantially in someone on a ketogenic diet. Going extra low carb and ensuring that you take out every single processed food will help with this.
· Lowers High Blood Pressure – If you have high blood pressure, you may end up going off your meds after a few weeks of the keto way of life. Because the diet is anti-inflammatory, it helps to lower blood pressure.
· Fights Chronic Inflammation – This way of life, drinking plenty of water, avoiding processed food, and eating enough nutrition, will keep your inflammation at bay. This is one reason people with autoimmune illness do so well in a keto way of life. Because you’re not triggering your inflammatory response by what you’re eating now, you won’t get inflamed as much.
· Helps with Other Brain Disorders – Because ketones are neuroprotective, people with any type of brain issue – ranging from memory issues and brain fog to serious issues like stroke – will find that this way of eating can help improve their condition.
· Improves Epilepsy – This has been a way of life for many people with intractable epilepsy, providing relief to many parents of children with epilepsy. Ketogenesis is featured in the movie about a child with epilepsy called Lorenzo’s Oil, which is still very interesting to watch.
· Helps Reverse Polycystic Ovary Syndrome – A major cause of infertility today, the main reason people have PCOS is that they have elevated insulin levels. The high insulin environment will cause the ovaries to produce more male hormones called androgens, which can affect everything about this system. The keto way of eating can reverse this condition and if done soon enough will help restore fertility.
· Reduces Migraines – Many people who live the ketogenic lifestyle report that they get many fewer migraines than they did before. It is thought that it works because the ketones are neuroprotective but also because of the reduction in inflammation.
Ketogenic Eating Guidelines
One thing that can help you find out more about this lifestyle is learning some eating guidelines. This will make all the difference in your ability to turn this into your lifestyle. You have to follow a lifestyle for a few months to see tangible results. If you really want to follow the ketogenic lifestyle, study this list.
· Don’t Eat High Protein – The ketogenic way of eating is not meant to be high protein. It’s a high-fat diet but low in carbs and moderate in protein. You want to eat at least 60 percent of your calories in fat (can go up to 75 percent), only 15 to 30% from protein, and the rest up to 10 percent as carbs.
· Do Choose the Right Type of Meat – The meat you choose should be as natural as possible. Don’t buy meat that has been doctored with sugar and additives to make it taste better. You want to find organic, grass-fed, free-range, and so forth. However, just do the best you can and don’t stress too much.
· Do Eat Fruit Fats – The main fats that you want to eat should be natural. They should mostly come from fruit like avocado, olives, olive oil and coconut oil. You can also use animal fats and ghee, but most of your fat should come from fruit.
· Do Eat When Hungry – You don’t need to restrict your food intake when you’re eating keto. You can eat when you’re hungry if it meets the rules of the ratio you’re trying to stick to.
· Don’t Drink Milk – While you can have some dairy, living the ketogenic way you want to avoid drinking milk as a beverage. If you use any, a splash in your coffee is all you should use. One glass of milk can have quite a lot of carbs. Read your labels.
· Don’t Eat Sugar – This is the hardest part to get used to, but you will, and you’ll be glad you did. But you cannot eat sugar, and you should try to avoid adding any type of sweetener to any of your food for a few weeks. Later you can use some sweeteners if you must, such as stevia.
· Do Drink Your Bone Broth – One thing that some people overlook is the bone broth. Drinking it is your key to sticking to this long enough that it becomes second nature and finally a true lifestyle for you.
· Do Enjoy Something Special – On special occasions, you won’t ruin everything if you enjoy a glass of dry wine, whiskey, brandy, vodka or any low-sugar drink of your choice and a serving of at least 70% dark chocolate. Count your carbs, and you can do it at least weekly.
Eating right on the ketogenic way of life is not hard to do. If you can visually divide your plate to fit the food on it in the right quantities, that will help. They even sell some keto plates online; just do a Google search to find out more.
Ketogenic Common Side Effects and Remedies
Many people call the combination of symptoms they have when first embarking on the keto way as the “keto flu.” If you do feel any of these symptoms and side effects, realize that they are just a sign that you’re pushing your body into ketosis. Once the change fully occurs, you’ll start feeling better.
These unpleasant side effects may include:
· Brain fog
· Muscle cramps
· Keto breath
· Heart palpitations
How to Combat Side Effects
· Drink More Water – Pretty much every single symptom you get can be combated by ensuring that you are properly hydrated. Try drinking more of your bone broth during the day and drinking 32 ounces of water with citrus every morning. It may also help you to measure out your water, so you know you’re drinking enough.
· Check Your Ratios – Are you keeping your fat ratio high and your carbs low? If you tend to fall off the wagon every weekend or monthly, you’re going to cause your body to struggle harder. If you feel like you’re sticking to everything, go back to checking ratios to be sure.
· Boost Your Carb Intake – If you have suffered more than a couple weeks without getting relief, you may want to add more carbohydrates to your diet. But let’s be clear, by carbohydrates I mean that you should eat more vegetables Try increasing your vegetable intake for a couple weeks to see if that helps.
· Work Out Carefully – When you’re in transition, it’s okay to do slower and more gentle forms of exercise like walking, stretching, and swimming. Avoid strenuous exercise for at least the first month; after that you’ll likely be able to outperform your previous efforts.
· Avoid Restricting Food Intake – If you get hungry, try to judge realistically whether you should eat something or not. If it’s an hour before dinner, you’re supposed to be hungry, so wait. But if it’s more than that, it’s okay to eat something small to take away the hunger. Don’t focus on calories; only pay attention to your hunger.
· Check Your Medicine – Often people get to stop taking their medicine when on the keto way of eating. If you notice anything that concerns you about your medicine, talk to your doctor right away so they can advise you.
You can use breath spray in the meantime, but if you add more water, that will help too. Also, ensure that you’re getting enough bone broth and eating in the right ratios without shocking your body. Don’t allow cheat days every other day or week or month either. If you follow these guidelines, you’ll find that these side effects go away on their own not to return – unless you kick your body out of ketosis and then back in by not minding your ratios.
Note: If you get heart palpitations, do talk to your doctor about it – especially if you have diabetes.
We’ve discussed what makes the ketogenic way of eating so effective, the health benefits, and why it’s a great lifestyle to be part of. We’ve also covered what to eat and what not to eat, it’s up to you to choose if the ketogenic lifestyle is for you.
The real question is, do you want to feel great, be more energetic, and overall healthier? And guess what, after a bit of a transition you’ll never have to give it much thought again. It’ll be second nature and a true lifestyle – not a fad and not a diet.
As with any dietary changes, its always best to seek your doctor’s advice and do your own research.
Here’s a brand new product called ‘Ketogenic Diet 101’
You get to reap all the health benefits of Ketogenic Diet as well as
achieving your dream body. The time to transform your body is now!
Claim your copy right away!