Disclosure: I only recommend products and programs I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. Read full disclosure here.
Life is full of toxic substances all around. We have to deal with contaminated water, nutritionally deficient food, noxious chemicals in hygiene and cleaning items. The only way to enjoy optimal health is to remove the toxins from the body. It is possible to detox with whole, fresh, ripe vegetables and fruits . But who has the time or the jaw power to eat the vast quantities of fresh produce needed for a whole body cleanse? Drinking green smoothies would detoxify both your body and help you lose weight.
Green smoothies are made with organic fruits and vegetables. The fruits used in making it are rich in water and loaded with vital nutrients especially vitamin C that is main natural source to detoxification. In addition to this, the organic vegetables are rich in chlorophyll that is believed to purify blood and cleanse the entire body internally. Green smoothies have a high fiber content and antioxidants. So, when the purifying power of fruits is combined with cleansing aid of green leafy vegetables then this results in making a rich smoothie that is perfect for detoxification.
Citrus fruits like lemon, oranges, limes, grapefruit and green vegetables like spinach, cucumber can be combined for detoxifying green smoothies. The best detox green smoothies would have not added protein powders, refined fats or synthetic food flavoring. Use only fresh fruits and vegetables when preparing detox green smoothies. If weight loss is your goal then coconuts, avocados, nuts and other artificial sweeteners or dairy products must not be added.
Green Smoothie Benefits
Green smoothies are not only delicious drinks but are also excellently beneficial for health. The top benefits of these smoothies are as follows:
- Green smoothies are exceedingly nutritious as they are made with 40% organic green ingredients and 60% of ripe fruit mix. Digesting these smoothies is very easy. The fruit and green cells get easily ruptured when they are blended together that makes it easy for the body to absorb all essential nutrients from it.
- They are totally fiber rich food that helps in maintaining the digestive system of the body.
- Green smoothies are a perfect blend of fruit and vegetables. They are even very tempting to consume. So, it is possible for them to supply all vital ingredients required for a healthy and fit body.
- Great alternative for those who do not consume too much green leafy vegetables and fruits daily. By drinking one to two cups of green smoothies every day, you can soon have a totally fit and fine body.
- There are no added flavors or sugar in these drinks that makes them suitable to be consumed even by people who are suffering from any major or minor health disorder.
- The best thing about these smoothies is that they can be prepared by adding different fruits and vegetables according to one’s preference. So, this helps prevents any occurrence of allergic reactions to any of the ingredients.
- These drinks also help in maintaining the cholesterol level within the human body.
- These are refreshing drinks and make a person feel fresh and full of energy after consumption.
- Finally, green smoothies are great nutrients for kids of small ages and help them to gain strong internal health with ease.
The great health benefits offered by green smoothies along with excellent taste make them suitable drinks for every person.
Benefits of Green Smoothies Every Day
Green smoothies are excellent health benefiting drinks that can be consumed on a daily basis to restore fit health structure. Although, people can have these drinks at any time of day but there are certain guidelines that can be followed in order to undertake maximum benefit from these drinks. Some of these guidelines are as follows that can help you have a number of benefits from drinking green smoothies.
- Prepare green smoothies as the first thing to have in the morning. More benefits can be gained through it if it is being consumed even before breakfast. People can make bulk smoothies at one time and drink a glass full in the morning while having the remainder at other times of day.
- Slowly sipping the green smoothie can help individuals to digest it thoroughly. This will even reduce the chances of spilling and will make individuals get rid of the problem of indigestion.
- It is better to make a simple smoothie. Don’t add too many ingredients in it as they will not only make it difficult to digest but will also reduce the benefiting effect. Avoid adding large volumes of seeds, oils, nuts, supplements or other ingredients to green smoothies.
- If you suffer from problems with gas or irritation in your digestive system then it is better to drink smoothies made with detoxification ingredients. Such smoothies hold a large amount of citrus fruits while less volume of other organic materials.
- To have more benefits from green smoothie it is best to drink it as is and not as part of a meal. Try drinking these smoothies at time breaks in afternoon or evening when hunger pangs is at its peak. This will help you absorb more nutrients and will even help them to avoid putting on weight.
Finally, it is better not to add starchy substances such as beets, carrots, zucchini, cabbage or more.
The Best Green Smoothies for Weight Loss
Drinking green smoothies is indeed very healthy and good for weight loss. Feel free to choose your ingredients and vary them from time to time. There is a wide variety of vegetables and fruits that you can combine for an almost endless combination of green smoothies. Drinking green smoothies with the same ingredients daily can be boring after a while and you are only getting the same level of benefits. Here are some tips for making the most out of your green smoothies.
- Add several slices of avocado.
Adding avocado to your smoothie will not only make it creamier but will also make it healthier since avocados are a good source of protein and fats.
- Use frozen fruit.
Organic frozen fruits are best for green smoothies. When you use frozen fruits in your smoothie, they will make your smoothie colder and thicker. Frozen strawberries, peaches and cherries are simply delicious. It is also a good idea to vary your fruit ingredients.
- Add nut milk.
Nut milk can also be added into the smoothie. Try to add almond milk to make your smoothie creamier. However, if you think your smoothie already tastes great, then you can just add a little water or ice.
- Include lots of greens.
It is a healthy way to include great amounts of greens in your smoothie as this will help flush out the toxins from your body. You can add red leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce, carrot greens, beet greens, kale, chard or spinach. For a more nutritious recipe, you can include more greens to your recipe. When you do this you do not only get a healthy dose of vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants but also do something good to speed up your weight loss. Aside from this, the presence of more greens will create a balance in the mixture and taste as they will reduce the sweet taste of fruits. Eating the same kinds of greens every day is not healthy as greens contain little amounts of alkaloids that if taken in large doses can cause toxicity. The key is to add different varieties of greens every other day. By doing this you will discover a whole new flavor each time you use a different variety.
- Use filtered or purified water
- Make it deliciously sweet.
Although some fruits are naturally sweet, they are not created equal. One orange may taste sweet, while another orange may taste a bit tangy. To make your smoothie sweeter, you can add a small amount of medjool dates, agave nectar, honey or more fruits. Medjool dates are quite healthy as they contain potassium and fiber. They are also good for digestion, boost your energy and reduce blood pressure.
Healthy Green Smoothie Recipe
Good Morning Greenie Smoothie
This is an excellent breakfast smoothie that you can use any time throughout the day as well. Spinach and green apples are your green go-to ingredients here, and this basic recipe is going to yield anywhere between 3 and 4 cups. Packed with minerals, vitamins and essential amino acids, this particular smoothie is just as nutritious as it is delicious.
Tweaks: If you are new to making green smoothies, it might be difficult to get used to the taste. This particular smoothie tastes amazing to most people, but you can always add flax seed, Chia seeds, walnuts or almonds, kale, romaine lettuce and any other vegetables or fruits to experiment for just the right flavor. You also may want to add a little more water or another healthy liquid if you don’t like your smoothies thick.
· 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, preferably organic
· 2 green apples, peeled, cored and diced or sliced
· 1 banana, peeled and sliced
· 1 cup purified or filtered water (replace with your favorite almond milk, coconut milk or coconut water for a healthy flavor boost)
· Add 1/2 cup of your water to your blender, along with your spinach leaves. Blend well.
· Add banana and remaining water, blending well.
· Slowly add green apples, blending until the desired texture is achieved.
Nutrition per 1 cup – 90 calories, 0 g fat, 1 g protein, 10 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 22 g carbohydrates
Access a Free copy of the report: Make Smoothies Good For You.
Enjoy healthy delicious smoothies, click the link and download this Free health report!
Very nice article! I enjoyed it a lot reading it. Thanks for sharing.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ve been into alternative healthcare for 42 years, this article is splendid.
LikeLiked by 1 person